Resources for USA Boxing in Oregon
Selected resources for USA Boxing in Oregon.
- Announcer Bout Results – a PDF file you can print out and use for sending bout results from the scorekeeper to the announcer during a show. Different than the one provided by USA Boxing. If you prefer, here’s one in black and white rather than color.
- Assignments – a PDF form to help in making out assignments at a local show.
- Code of Conduct – also available on the USA Boxing website.
- Conflicts – a PDF to use when giving out assignments for officials at a show, in case the officials have any conflicts with boxers in the event.
- Sign-in – a PDF file you can print out and use to help keep track of officials coming to a show.
- Supervisor Bout Report – a PDF just like the document available from USA Boxing but fills the page a bit better.
- Timekeeper’s Cheat Sheet – a PDF with times/rounds for all USA Boxing divisions. Can be used by a timekeeper so you don’t have to keep the round times in your head.
- Weight Chart – a PDF with the latest (November 2017) weight chart for making matches.
- AIBA – home page for the International Boxing Association, in charge of Olympic boxing worldwide.
- Bridge City Fight Shop, 7614 SW Nyberg Street, Tualatin, OR 97062. Tel: 503-482-6734. Selling both MMA and Boxing gear including handwraps, mouth guards, clothing, etc. Try out gloves on their in-store heavy bag. Support local!
- Pacific Northwest Amateur Boxing Association – includes a list of clubs in Washington and Alaska.
- National Latino Amateur Boxing Association / Associacion Nacional Latino Amateo de Boxeo – an affiliate of USA Boxing and not just for Latinos.
- NCBA – the website for the National Collegiate Boxing Association, an affiliate of USA Boxing.
- Online Concussion Training – a free online course offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- RingSideNews – the first and only online blog dedicated to boxing in the Pacific Northwest [it looks like this blog hasn’t been updated since 2016].
- Speed Bag Central – the best website I’ve found for information on using the speed bag.
- USA Boxing – home page for USA Boxing, in charge of Olympic boxing in the United States.
- USA Boxing Flickr – photos from national events.
- 2017 USA Boxing National Rule Book – download a PDF of the USA Boxing rules as used in all local shows.
- 2017 USA Boxing Officials Certification Clinic Presentation – download a PDF of the Powerpoint presentation used at all USA Boxing officials certification clinics and see what’s involved in becoming an official.
- USA Boxing’s Coach Education Resource Center
- USA Boxing Grassroots Manual – download this 188 page PDF “developed by USA Boxing as a guide for the amateur boxing community.”
- USA Boxing Oregon – Facebook page for USA Boxing in Oregon with information about shows, comments, lots of pictures, and more.
- USA Masters Boxing – a website for USA Boxing competitors over 35 years old.
- USIBA – home page of the United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association, an affiliate of USA Boxing. Has some useful downloads.